Means to an End
The last few days I have been suffering and the current reality has really gotten to me. It is horrible not being able to go and see friends or family and honestly virtual meetings just do not cut it for me. I know this is all depressing, and I was feeling it, but today I realized something.
Our current situation is not the end, it is a means to an end. I know it is not a perfect example but bear with me. What we are currently doing is helping us get to where we want to go. The sacrifices we are making right now will help us create an even better future.
When I reframed it that way, it became a lot easier. I realized that if I can focus on the end goal, I see why what I am doing right now is so important.
It also got me thinking about life, so many people see where they currently are as the end goal, whether it be your job, car or the place you live. There could be nothing further from the truth. What you are doing right now is helping you get where you want to go.
Don't get down on yourself for not having it all, you are getting there.

Comments
Post a Comment